Drop-Off & Pick-Up Procedures
Due to staffing shortages, you may experience transportation delays or cancellations. In the event you need to drop off your child in the morning or pick them up in the afternoon, here are our procedures.
Morning Drop Off
- Parents may join the car rider line in the back of the building (north side of the building).
- The car rider line feeds into 6 spaces.
- There will be a staff member directing traffic once you reach the front of the line.
- Six cars file into a single line against the building and unload at a time.
- Once the gate is closed at 9:25 am, drop off is in the front office.
Afternoon Pick Up
- Students will wait in a classroom with a school staff member for either a parent to pick them up or a late bus to arrive.
- Students will be dismissed at Door 3 on the west side of the building.
- Parent pick up at Door 3 will not begin until 4:20 pm and buses have left the lot.
- Please do not arrive before 4:20 pm as typical departure needs to take place in an orderly manner.
- Please be ready to show ID at the door.
- Once the late bus arrives, all students still at school will board the bus to be dropped off at their normal bus stop.
- If anyone other than a contact listed in Power School will be picking up your student(s), please call the front office by 3:00 pm to give permission for the individual to pick up on this day only. Please remind the individual to bring ID to show before student(s) can be released.
Hours of Operation
Summer: M-F, 7:30 am-4:00 pm
School Year: M-F, 5:30 am-5:00 pm
ACSC Transportation Center
255 South Avon Avenue
Avon, IN 4123
What if a route is cancelled?
- If Avon Schools cannot provide bus transportation, parents will be asked to provide transportation or the student will be marked excused in their attendance
- If we cannot provide transportation in the morning, evening transportation will not be provided either.
- Avon Schools will alert you through ParentSquare if transportation is not available. Our goal is to be in touch at least an hour before the first scheduled pick up.
- Parents should update their pick-up lists to include trusted adults who may be required to pick up their child after school.